Boarding your pet can be a stressful experience for both you and your pet. However, there are steps you can take to ensure a successful stay. Here are some tips for boarding your pet:
- Choose a reputable boarding facility: Before boarding your pet, do your research and choose a reputable facility that has a good reputation for providing quality care.
- Schedule a pre-boarding visit: Schedule a pre-boarding visit with the facility to get a tour and meet the staff. This can help ease your pet’s anxiety and give you peace of mind.
- Make sure your pet is up-to-date on vaccinations: Make sure your pet is up-to-date on all vaccinations and bring proof of vaccination with you to the boarding facility.
- Pack familiar items: Pack familiar items such as a favorite blanket or toy to help your pet feel more at home.
- Provide detailed instructions: Provide detailed instructions on your pet’s daily routine, feeding schedule, medications (if any), exercise needs, and any other important information that the boarding facility should know.
- Check-in with the facility: Check-in with the facility during your pet’s stay to see how they’re doing and if there are any concerns.
- Leave emergency contact information: Provide the facility with emergency contact information, including your veterinarian’s phone number, your contact information, and a trusted friend or family member who can be reached in case of an emergency.
- Remain calm and positive: Pets can pick up on their owner’s emotions, so it’s important to remain calm and positive when dropping off and picking up your pet.
By following these tips, you can help ensure a successful boarding experience for both you and your pet. With proper planning and preparation, you can help reduce your pet’s stress levels and give yourself peace of mind while you’re away.