When it comes to hiring a pet sitter, there are some important dos and don’ts to keep in mind to ensure that you choose the right professional for your pet. Here are some tips:
- Do ask for references: Ask for references from past clients and check online reviews to get an idea of the pet sitter’s experience and reputation.
- Do check their credentials: Make sure the pet sitter has the necessary credentials, such as certifications in pet first aid and CPR.
- Do ask about their experience: Ask the pet sitter about their experience with different types of pets, as well as their experience handling any special needs your pet may have.
- Do arrange a meet and greet: Arrange a meet and greet with the pet sitter and your pet to see how they interact and to make sure you feel comfortable with the pet sitter.
- Do provide detailed instructions: Provide the pet sitter with detailed instructions on your pet’s routine, feeding schedule, medication (if any), exercise needs, and any other important information that the pet sitter should know.
- Do communicate clearly: Communicate your expectations and requirements clearly with the pet sitter to avoid any misunderstandings.
- Don’t choose a pet sitter based solely on price: While price is an important factor, don’t choose a pet sitter based solely on their rates. It’s important to choose a pet sitter who is experienced and reliable.
- Don’t assume all pet sitters are the same: Every pet sitter is different, so it’s important to choose one who has the experience and qualifications to meet your pet’s specific needs.
- Don’t forget to check their availability: Make sure the pet sitter is available during the times you need them, such as weekends or holidays.
- Don’t leave out important details: Make sure you provide the pet sitter with all the important details about your pet, such as any medical conditions or behavioral issues.
- Don’t leave everything until the last minute: It’s important to start your search for a pet sitter early to ensure that you have time to find the right one and make all the necessary arrangements.
By following these dos and don’ts, you can choose the right pet sitter for your pet and have peace of mind knowing that your pet is in good hands.