PB Banana Dog Treat Cut-Outs Recipe!
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (make sure it doesn’t contain xylitol, as it’s toxic to dogs)
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the whole wheat flour and mashed bananas. Mix well until the bananas are evenly incorporated into the flour.
- Add the peanut butter to the bowl and continue mixing. The mixture will become crumbly at this stage.
- Gradually add water, a tablespoon at a time, and continue mixing until the dough starts to come together. You may not need all of the water, so add it gradually until the dough is soft and pliable.
- Dust your work surface with a little flour and transfer the dough onto it. Knead the dough for a few minutes until it forms a smooth ball.
- Roll out the dough to about 1/4-inch (0.6 cm) thickness. You can sprinkle a little flour on the rolling pin to prevent sticking.
- Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes from the dough. You can choose fun shapes like bones or hearts.
- Transfer the cut-out shapes onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving a little space between them.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until the treats are golden brown and crispy.
- Once baked, remove the treats from the oven and let them cool completely on a wire rack. They will become harder as they cool.
- Store the treats in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks. You can also freeze them for longer shelf life.
Now you have a batch of homemade dog treats made with minimal and healthy ingredients! Remember to feed these treats to your dog in moderation and consult with your veterinarian if your dog has any specific dietary requirements or allergies.
NOTE: If you don’t want to roll out and cookie cutter them, form into small balls and press flat before cooking!